Considering a Vasectomy Reversal? Here Are the Answers to Questions You May Have
No matter how sure you were of your decision to get a vasectomy, there’s always the potential to change your mind later. And thanks to vasectomy reversal surgeries, you still have a chance to become a parent for the first time or to father another child. You’ll likely have lots of questions if you’re considering this surgery. Your best source of information is a vasectomy reversal surgeon, but here are a few factors to consider.
What are the chances the surgery will be successful?
The success rates for vasectomy reversals are quite high, even if it’s been years since the original surgery. For example, even if it’s been five to 10 years since the original vasectomy, about 90% of men will have sperm in the ejaculate after a reversal.
Is a success rate the same as a pregnancy rate?
Not quite. The success rate refers to the number of men who test positive for sperm in the ejaculate after a reversal surgery. It’s possible for the pregnancy rate to be lower, and this may be due to reasons other than male infertility. Before moving forward with the surgery, it’s a good idea for your partner to speak with a fertility doctor. There may be some female fertility issues to consider.
Does it matter which surgeon I choose?
Absolutely. Although vasectomy reversals are a commonly performed surgery, they are complicated and require the skills and knowledge of an expert. There is a greater chance of a successful result if you choose a vasectomy reversal surgeon who specializes in these procedures, has an extensive background with them and has a long track record of success. Additionally, look for a surgeon who:
- Is board certified
- Has performed hundreds of male infertility surgeries
- Will take the time to address all of your questions and concerns thoroughly
- Performs the procedure at an accredited surgical facility
- Works with a board-certified anesthesiologist
Dr. Joshua Green’s board certification, excellent track record, and impeccable credentials are just some of the reasons why so many men choose the Center for Vasectomy Reversal. Call (941) 894-6428 to schedule a vasectomy reversal consultation in Sarasota today. Dr. Green will personally answer all of your questions and give you all the information you need to make a decision.
- Learn More About Your Vasectomy Reversal Options By Reading Through These Helpful Articles
- What Are the Differences Between the V-V Procedure and the V-E Procedure?
- What Could Cause a Vasectomy Reversal to Fail?
- Is the MESA Procedure the Right Choice for You?
- Considering a Vasectomy Reversal? Here Are the Facts You Need to Know
- Sperm Retrieval
- vasectomy reversal
- Dr. Green
- sperm count
- male infertility
- medical care
- low sperm count
- male fertility testing
- sperm aspiration
- semen analysis
- post-vasectomy pain syndrome
- anti-sperm antibodies
- older dad
- general anesthesia
- gender reveal party
- post-operative infections
- baby name
- baby's first year
- fertilization process
- spinal anesthesia
- ACS Fellow
- nutrition tips
- concierge-level care
- fertility planning app
- out-of-town patients
- post-vasectomy reversal
- sperm quality
- baby registry
- surgical care
- surgical consultation process
- prostate cancer