Fun Activities to Do With Your Children this Summer
Keeping the kids entertained while they’re out of school may seem like a daunting task at first, but with this list of activities on your summer bucket list, you’ll enjoy learning and playing with your children more than ever!
Outdoor Activities for Nice Days
Help the kids get some fresh air and explore nature when the weather is nice with these cheap or free activities.
- DIY bird feeders: Encourage your feathered friends to visit your backyard by making a bird feeder with your child’s help.
- Family hike: Planning a weekend outing on a local trail will give everyone in your family something to look forward to all week long.
- Bike ride and picnic: Put a meal together with your kids’ help, load the food into a backpack, and bike to a scenic picnic spot to enjoy your lunch as a family.
- Backyard obstacle course: Things such as traffic cones, hula-hoops, 2x4s, slides, pool noodles, and ropes strung between trees make for fun obstacles with minimal setup on your part.
Water Activities for Hot Days
Don’t let the heat stop you from going outside—introduce a little water to help everyone stay cool! Just remember to wear sunscreen and keep an eye on the youngsters.
- Water balloon piñatas: Tie water balloons to a clothesline to make piñatas for your kids and their friends.
- Water balloon baseball or volleyball: These classic games make for hours of water fun under the sun for the whole family.
- Sprinkler: Set up an oscillating sprinkler, and leave your kids to it!
- Water play: For younger kids, a small kiddie pool filled with a few inches of water and some plastic or rubber toys is just right.
Indoor Activities for Stormy Days
When summer rainstorms threaten to put a damper on your fun, try these indoor activities instead of resorting to videogames or TV.
- Balloon tennis: A few air-filled balloons and fly swatters are all you need for this family-fun activity.
- Indoor golf or croquet: Set up a course in your living room, or even all over the house, for tons of indoor fun when the weather won’t cooperate.
- Cooking or baking: Whether it’s whipping up a batch of cookies, making pancakes from scratch, or trying no-bake cake pops, summer is a great time to get your kids involved in the kitchen.
- Puppet theater: Got a few puppets in the toy chest? Make up a play with your kids or help them reenact their favorite movie.
Entertaining the kids may seem like a chore at times, but watching them grow and learn is also one of the most rewarding things you’ll ever do. If you’re ready to experience summer fun as a dad, the Center for Vasectomy Reversal can help you get there. Under the direction of Dr. Joshua Green, our team offers state-of-the-art treatment for men seeking vasectomy reversal. To learn more, please call 941-894-6428 or schedule a free consultation on our website.
- Sperm Retrieval
- vasectomy reversal
- Dr. Green
- sperm count
- male infertility
- medical care
- low sperm count
- male fertility testing
- sperm aspiration
- semen analysis
- post-vasectomy pain syndrome
- anti-sperm antibodies
- older dad
- general anesthesia
- gender reveal party
- post-operative infections
- baby name
- baby's first year
- fertilization process
- spinal anesthesia
- ACS Fellow
- nutrition tips
- concierge-level care
- fertility planning app
- out-of-town patients
- post-vasectomy reversal
- sperm quality
- baby registry
- surgical care
- surgical consultation process
- prostate cancer
- baby gender
- family time